AndhraNews.com

AndhraNews.com

Discussions on Andhra Pradesh

It is currently July 24th, 2014, 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 8:14 am 
Telugu Veera

andhra8 wrote:
And inorder for these industries to flourish proper road network is needed too. vijayawada needs some kind of bypass between NH9 and NH5. If not a full ring road atleast bypass routes to avoid through traffic to reach their destinations/ markets quicker.

Absolutely. In fact there is a false notion out there that roads, free ways and flyovers are for rich people only. The first and foremost for farmers, with or without a strategic agro industry, is to have fast , efficient road network to take their produce to faraway lands. If I’m farmer in hinterlands of Vijayawada and want to export some vegetables to Delhi, I need to bring the product as fresh as possible and load it in the train ( In this respect, I agree with Lalu, when he introduces ideas like air conditioned vegetable containers.). My biggest dream when it comes to roads is to have a 6 lane free way all along the coast connecting 600 km of our long coastal area. I don’t know when this will happen.

Coming back to Agro industry, we need to tap into NRI community. There are so many NRIs, mostly doctors and engineers with deep pockets hailing from this region and we need to attract them. Let me give an example of some price dynamics of export market. In US we get a small bag of Okra (benda) or Potals for $ 2.99. We get this either from Gujarat or kerala. It is basically 1/4 kg. That is like Rs 560/ kg. The same potals in our raitu bazaar (retail market ), we get it for Rs 20/kg. Look at the price difference between what farmer gets and the retail price in export market. I’m sure similar price dynamics exist even with exports to Gulf. This gives an indication how lucrative agro industry can be. Yes, we need to plan it.

The whole point is that we all don’t need to have Oil refineries, fab cities, Aluminium plants or IT towers. There are many ways, particularly fertile area like Krishna and Godavari with abundant water , can take advantage of. Now the reliance industry, one of the Ambanis, are planning for a mega super market project that connect all farmers to the consumers through an efficient network. The problem is he needs land and farmers. Fortunately we already have. But do we have the will?

Post subject: Route of ORR
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 4:40 am 

There was a news item in EENADU vijayawada section, on 29/10/06 about the proposed ORR. It seems UDA has applied for permission from some organisation, for a 23 KM long and 200 ft wide road from surayapalem to avutapalle.The list of villages the road goes through is given in the news which can be accessed online.
I suppose this road opens oppurtunity for some real estate trading.Land prices along this stretch are very low compared to other roads like NH9.I heard that the asking price was 7 lac per acre 3 km from Nunna, 3 weeks back.Now prices will go up by the week.
UDA proposes to acquire 1000 acres for this road.I wonder what they will pay the land owners.
I read that there is a proposal to link NH9 and NH5 between ibrahimpatnam and gannavaram.Is this road going to be a seperate one from the ORR that UDA is proposing?
I will appreciate it if people stick to the point if and when they respond. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 4:49 pm 
Telugu Simham

I am sure wider, longer and stronger roads, particularly those connecting with the metros and other parts of the country are really the backbones for this growing nation.

Post subject: Re: Route of ORR
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 12:32 am 

[quote="prithvi"]
I read that there is a proposal to link NH9 and NH5 between ibrahimpatnam and gannavaram.Is this road going to be a seperate one from the ORR that UDA is proposing?
[/quote]

I think NH9 and NH5 link road is the one VUDA is proposing/calling as the outer ringroad. Gollapudi is close to ibrahimpatnam and china avutupalli is very near to gannavaram. thanks for the info about the post in eenadu.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next