AndhraNews.com

AndhraNews.com

Discussions on Andhra Pradesh

It is currently August 27th, 2014, 4:20 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2005, 1:24 pm 
Telugu Veera

Anonymous wrote:
We should try to conserve all water resources and use.
Conservation of water sources means using excessive water for aquafarms. Blah blah.

Post subject: Re: Answer for why need Pulichintala...
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 9:49 pm 
i dont think Prakasam dist will benift like others .. so one should think of prakasam rather than other rich dist..

in YRS jala yagnam there is only one project for PRAKASAM.. which is gundla kamma that to it covers not more than 20 to 30 villages where as KAMMA district have 3 major and 2 minor projects.. so one should concentrate all the dist,, without having regionalisum..

Satish wrote:
You guys maybe having some broad knowledge on how this irrigation system works. The thing is on Krishna we have three major projects in AP. Which are Krishna Delta which requires 180 TMC water. As this is the last project on Krishna before Krishna merges into Bay of bengal, we have to supply this 180 TMC and the remaining water only we can store in Nagarjuna sagar or Srisailam which are built next Krishna Barrage. Thats the fact.
Answer for why need Pulichintala...As Krishna barrage is a barrage which cannot store the water , all it will do is will divert the water. I.e when it rains heavily in rainy season the eccess water accumilaterd after sagar has to join Bengal which is totalled on average of 100TMC every year. To utilize this rain water after sagar we need a reservoier just before krishna barrage. Thats the reason for the thoughts of having Pulichintala built and store around 60 TMC water and give it to Krishna Delta, from that we only need to give remaining 120 TMC only from Sagar. I.e Though we are giving water to Krishna Delta, here we are making Sagar to have enough water which need 280 TMC.
Conclusion : People benifited from Pulichintala is 1) Krishna Delta ...Krishna, Guntur Dist, W. Godavari, Prakasam Dists... As we will give their 180 TMC with out any problem.

2) From Sagar : as 60TMC taken care by Pulichintala already now we only need to supply 120 TMC from here to krishna delta. So Sagar will not face water scarcity for this ayacutt. People served and benifitted here are:
nalgonda, Kammam, Krishna, Guntur , Prakasham.

People loosing by this project: there will be 7 villages which will be drowned completly, and 5 villages which will be drowned partially. So total 15000 people need to be relocated and taken care off.

My openion is Pulichintala is not regional problem, it is to benifit the above all Six districts. So lets us support this project to see all six districts happy.

I request you guys not to act as politicians.

Post subject: Re: Answer for why need Pulichintala...
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2005, 12:54 pm 
Telugu Teja

Anonymous wrote:
i dont think Prakasam dist will benift like others .. so one should think of prakasam rather than other rich dist..

in YRS jala yagnam there is only one project for PRAKASAM.. which is gundla kamma that to it covers not more than 20 to 30 villages where as KAMMA district have 3 major and 2 minor projects.. so one should concentrate all the dist,, without having regionalisum..

PRAKASAM is REDDY district. Not KAMMA district. I wonder how YSR is neglecting PRAKASAM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2005, 7:49 pm 
Telugu Veera

In Krishna delta there are strong leaders like Mandali Buddha Prasad etc. In Prakasam district there are no strong leaders like Mandali. So Prakasam district did not get more projects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next