AndhraNews.com

AndhraNews.com

Discussions on Andhra Pradesh

It is currently October 30th, 2014, 7:11 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: kapus need reservation??
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2005, 9:46 pm 

it has been a long time that though kapu caste being the highest popullated in state (including its sub castes) which is coming upto 22.8%...it has been given a raw deal,
1)firstly to say the congress and TDP both have been reluctant and shown a non-chalance attitude towards the reservation of them,except sum subcastes(munnur,turpu kapu),which is very much needed because most of them are economically backward,and this is a must...
2)being the most popullated caste it should be given the highest number of portfolios...but both parties have given them to their respected dominant caste in parties......strange though!!!(this not to provoke or instigate other castes but this the truth),this a way suppressing other castes!!!!----
this is fact and i think the present government should look into this matter seriously!!!
DR.Rayudu

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 10:12 am 

Rayudu,

Please don't get excited after reading my message.

First thing it is totally bad to provide reservations on the base of caste and religion. But still our government will follow that because of some political calculations.

Even if they give reservations on caste basis.. Kapus are not eligible. Below are the reasons..

1) Kapus are economically strong in coastal andhra. I don't say they are the richest but definetly they are in the range of lower middle class to rich.

2) they can contest and win elections if they really want to do on their own. I mean they can challenge the upper caste dominated political parties like TDP, CONGRESS. If Chiranjeevi join politics they can really challenge these two parties. So basically they are very strong socially and politically unlike other BCs, STs and SCs.

3) In the cultural arene they are dominant too. Ex: Chiranjeevi....

4) Moreover they have lot of caste concious meaning they feel like they are second to none in any field.

So then why do you need any reservation. just because some of the kapus are poor they cann't claim reservation. In every caste there are poor people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 10:57 am 
Telugu Veera

Rayudu did not read messages in other topics. Reservations should be based only on criteria of family income. Reservations on caste criteria benefits only already developed people of the categorised castes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 7:29 pm 
kapus are rich peasents in coastal andhra ,rayalseema and some parts of telangana(as per the survey) ,if you notice keenly we can say they are well to do community...i am not saying that rayudu is wrong..but this is according to me.
but as mandangi said it is true that reservations should be based on the salary of family.but one greatest CAUTION is there are many ways of manipulating the exact salary people get ,to get this act right govt should take very serious steps!! but when govt like congress gives reservations to muslims!!! then we should think once again at rayadus statement!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next